Scroll Top
405 S. Cascade Ave #101, Colorado Springs, CO 80903


Alaska Cannabis


Your Insurance Lady can write cannabis business insurance for the state of Alaska. We offer hemp and cannabis business insurance for growers, physicians, dispensaries, collectives, and more in medical and recreational marijuana states.

Can I possess, buy, or grow cannabis or marijuana in Alaska?


Individuals can legally possess one ounce of usable marijuana while not on private property. The possession of up to four ounces of marijuana is legal within private property. As of November 2016, medical retailers can sell marijuana in quantities less than one ounce to medical marijuana cardholders or recreational users. Marijuana may also be grown within private property. There is a limit of 6 plants per household (with only three being mature.)

Can I operate a vehicle while under the influence of cannabis or marijuana in Alaska?


As of 2010, an individual is guilty of DUI if he or she operates a motor vehicle while under the influence of an alcoholic beverage, an intoxicating liquor, an inhalant, or any controlled substance.

How do I get a medical cannabis or marijuana card in Alaska?


Patients with qualifying conditions may apply for a medical marijuana card by visiting the Medical Marijuana Registry page on the State of Alaska’s Department of Health and Social Services website.

Can I use cannabis or marijuana in public in Alaska?


It is illegal to use marijuana, medicinal or otherwise, in public in Alaska. Additionally, it is a felony to use Marijuana within 500 feet of a school or a recreational center unless an individual is using it on private property that happens to be within that vicinity.

Can I sell cannabis or marijuana in Alaska?


Only licensed and registered retailers in the state of Alaska can sell cannabis/marijuana to adults ages 21 and older in quantities less than an ounce. If an individual is not a registered and licensed retailer they can give away up to six plants with only three of them being mature to any adult age 21 and older as long as there is no form of compensation or monetary exchange. As a licensed and registered retailer in the state of Alaska, you will need cannabis business insurance.


Additional Coverage


Your Insurance Lady offers additional coverage beyond our standard cannabis business insurance program. If you would like a quote, please feel free to contact us for questions or additional details!


The information presented here should not be construed as legal advice. State and Federal laws are always subject to change. We aim to keep this page as updated as possible; however, for additional information regarding Alaska marijuana laws, please see the Alaska Department of Health and Social Services websiteFind Law, and the National Conference of State Legislatures.

Cannabis Insurance Application

Legal marijuana dispensary insurance and hemp insurance is important. You need to protect yourself and your business from losing money in the event of misfortune. We are more than happy to walk you through filling out an application over the phone.  You can download a cannabis insurance or hemp insurance application located in the buttons below and call us at (719) 471-3671 as you are filling them out.

Get A Quote

Your Insurance Lady of DC Insurers in Colorado Springs offers a variety of coverage’s tailored for your needs: Business Insurance, Personal Insurance, Cannabis Insurance, Auto Insurance, and Insurance for Contractors.

[contact-form-7 id=”912″]